Basic Guidelines for Yoga Practice:
- It is best to practice yoga early in the morning, after taking bath and without eating anything.
- Yoga can practiced in the evenings at least 3-4 hrs after a meal. Practice of yoga in the evening is beneficial to beginners or people who are stiff.
- You can even perform yoga before bath, but after practice you must wait for some time and then take bath.
- Keep the doors, windows open for fresh air and light while performing yoga.
- Always practice yoga by spreading a blanket or carpet on a leveled floor.
- While practicing yoga, you must concentrate only on yoga and try to keep away from unwanted thoughts.
- Women should not practice yoga during their menstrual period
- Never practice yoga in smoky places or in areas with foul smell.
- Children below 8 years of age should not be forced to practice yoga.
- During illness, after surgeries, fractures, sprains, one should refrain from doing yoga. Resume practicing yoga only after consulting a physician.
- Do not suppress yourself from sneezing, coughing etc. while practicing yoga.
4/6 Giri Road, Tripura Apartments, 2nd Floor, T.Nagar, Chennai 600017